This Camera Module is a custom-designed add-on for Raspberry Pi. It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the two small sockets on the board’s upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, which was designed especially for interfacing with cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus, a higher bandwidth link that carries pixel data from the camera back to the processor. This bus travels along the ribbon cable that attaches the camera board to the Pi.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
Note: Raspberry Pi is not included with the product you have to purchase it separately
To use this camera, please follow this tutorial for hardware and software setup.
- Cellular phones, PDAs, Toys
- Other battery-powered products
- Where the official module fails in terms of focusing and Field of View, etc.
- Lens holder: M12x0.5
- 5MPixel sensor
- Integral IR filter
- Max frame rate: 30fps
- Connection by a flat ribbon cable to 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI) connector S5 on Raspberry Pi computer board
- The Camera Lens for Raspberry Pi Camera Board is HX-27227
- OmniVision 5647 sensor in a fixed-focus module with replaceable Lense
1 x Arducam 5 MP OV5647 Camera Module with M12x0.5 Mount Lens Compatible with Raspberry Pi