The OV7725 camera module is based on the OmniVision OV7725 image sensor which is a low voltage CMOS device that provides the full functionality of a single-chip VGA camera and image processor, as well as the extraordinary high frame rate and low light performance. The OV7725 provides full-frame, sub-sampled, or windowed 8-bit/10-bit images in a wide range of formats, controlled through the Serial Camera Control Bus (SCCB) interface.
This device has an image array capable of operating at up to 60 frames per second (fps) in VGA with complete user control over image quality, formatting, and output data transfer. All required image processing functions, including exposure control, gamma, white balance, color saturation, hue control, and more, are also programmable through the SCCB interface. In addition, OmniVision sensors use proprietary sensor technology to improve image quality by reducing or eliminating common lighting/electrical sources of image contamination, such as fixed pattern noise, smearing, blooming, etc., to produce a clean, fully stable color image.
- To use this camera, please follow this tutorial for hardware setup.
- After hardware setup, you need to do software setup hence follow this tutorial.
- Cellular phones
- Other battery-powered products
- Can be used in Arduino, Maple, ChipKit, STM32, ARM, DSP, FPGA platforms
- High sensitivity for low-light operation
- Standard SCCB interface
- Output support for Raw RGB, RGB (GRB 4:2:2, RGB565/555/444) and YCbCr (4:2:2) formats
- Supports image sizes: VGA, QVGA, and any size scaling down from CIF to 40×30
- VarioPixel method for sub-sampling
- Automatic image control functions including Automatic Exposure Control (AEC), Automatic Gain Control (AGC), Automatic White Balance (AWB), Automatic Band Filter (ABF), and Automatic Black-Level Calibration (ABLC)
1 x Arducam Camera Breakout Board 0.3MP(OV7725) w/ M12 lens (6mm lens)
There are no reviews yet.