W78E052DDG is a successive microcontroller unit that is fully compatible with the widely popular 8052 despite having an 8051 core. It is an 8-bit architecture-based microcontroller unit that has 8 kilobytes of Flash.
It has 256 bytes of RAM, 4 8-bit bi-directional I/O ports, specified as P0, P1, P2, P3, and 4-bit I/O port P4. Three 16-bit timer/counters, a hardware watchdog timer, and a serial port make this microcontroller easy to integrate with multiple applications.
The specialty of this microcontroller unit is the optional 12T or 6T mode. In 12T mode, it uses 12 clocks per machine cycle where the speed of the processor goes up to 40 MHz at 5V operating voltage. At the same time, if 6T Mode is selected, 6 clocks per machine cycle operation make the controller speed up to 20 MHz at 5V operating voltage.
It supports 2.4V to 5.5V operation, which makes it suitable for 3.3V to 5V logic level operations.
Features and Specifications
- Core: 8051-based CMOS
- 8052 compatible instruction sets
- Data Bus width: 8bit
- Maximum Clock Frequency: 40 MHz (12T mode, 12 clocks per machine cycle operation), 20 MHz (6T Mode, 6 clocks per machine cycle operation)
- Program Memory size: 8kB
- Data RAM size: 256B
- MCS-51 compatible pin and instruction set.
- Operating supply: 2.4V to 5.5 V
- Minimum operating Temperature: – 40C
- Maximum Operating Temperature : + 85C
- Program Memory Type: Flash
- Interface Type: UART
- Number of 8-bit I/O ports: 4
- Number of Times/counters: 3
- Timer / Counter Resolution – 16 bits
- Product Type: 8-bit 8051 based Microcontrollers MCU
- EMI Reduction mode
- Full-duplex serial port – 1
1 x Nuvoton W78E052DDG 8 Bit Microcontroller Unit IC