The BME688 is the first gas sensor with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and integrated high-linearity and high-accuracy pressure, humidity and temperature sensors. It is housed in a robotools.in
yet compact 3.0 x 3.0 x 0.9 mm³ package and especially developed for mobile & connected applications where size and low power consumption are critical requirements. The gas sensor can detect Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) and other gases such as carbon monoxide and hydrogen in the part per billion (ppb) range.
Additionally to all features of the BME680, the BME688 has a gas scanner function. In standard configuration, the presence of VSCs is being detected as indicator for e.g. bacteria growth. And the gas scanner can be customized with respect to sensitivity, selectivity, data rate and power consumption as well. The BME AI-Studio tool enables customers to train the BME688 gas scanner on their specific application, like in home appliances, IoT products or Smart Home.
- Bad breath or spoiled food detection based on the measurement of volatile sulfur compounds, which are an indicator of bacteria growth
- Detection of unusual gases and smells, which might indicate for instance a leakage or fire
- Diaper state detection, e.g. for baby care
- Early detection of odors & bad smells
- Wildfire detection
- Reverse polarity protection (on Breakout Garden connector)
- Raspberry Pi-compatible pinout (pins 1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
- Compatible with Arduino
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi (Python library)
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Pico (C++/Micro Python libraries)
1 x PIMORONI BME688 4-in-1 Air Quality Breakout (Gas, Temperature, Pressure, Humidity)
There are no reviews yet.