The PL2303 is a low-cost and high-performance USB-to-Serial Bridge Controller. The PL2303 provides a convenient solution for connecting an RS-232 like a full-duplex asynchronous serial device to any Universal Serial Bus (USB) capable host.
The PL2303 highly compatible drivers could simulate the traditional COM port on most operating systems allowing the existing applications based on COM port to easily migrate and be made USB ready.
The PL2303 is exclusively designed for mobile and embedded solutions in mind, providing a small footprint that could easily fit into any connectors and handheld devices. With very small power consumption in either operating or suspend mode, the PL2303 is perfect for bus-powered operation with plenty of power left for the attached devices.
Pin connections of FT232 USB UART Board:
- VCCIO ↔ 3.3V or 5V output (the module is powered from USB, the onboard jumper should be shorted to 3.3V or 5V)
- GND ↔ GND
- TXD ↔ MCU.RX (signal direction: MCU.RX << PL2303 << PC.TX)
- RXD ↔ MCU.TX (signal direction: MCU.TX >> PL2303 >> PC.RX)
This breakout also allows you to connect the TX/RX pins of your favorite microcontroller or serial application to the RX/TX pins of the breakout, creating a simple serial cable replacement.
- Fully Compliant with USB Specification v2.0 (Full-Speed).
- On chip USB 1.1 transceiver, 5V to 3.3V regulator, and 12 MHz crystal oscillator.
- Supports RS-232 like serial interface.
- Programmable baud rate from 75 bps to 6,000,000 bps.
- Configurable 256-byte outbound buffer and 256-byte inbound buffer or 128-byte outbound buffer and 384-byte
- Supports remote wake-up from MODEM input signals
- Two general-purpose I/O (GPIO) pins
- Optional external EEPROM for startup device configurations
- Small footprint 28-pin SSOP IC package
- Pin compatible with PL-2303HXA and PL-2303XA
1 x PL2303 USB UART Board (type A)
1 x 4-pin custom connector jumper wire