The Teensy is a breadboard-friendly development board with loads of features in a teensy package. Each Teensy 3.6 comes pre-flashed with a bootloader so you can program it using the onboard USB connection, so no need of an external programmer. You can program for the Teensy in your favorite program editor using C or you can install the Teensyduino add-on for the Arduino IDE and write Arduino sketches for it.
The processor on the Teensy also has access to the USB and can emulate any kind of USB device you need it to be, making it great for USB-MIDI and other HID projects. The 32-bit, 180MHz processor brings a few other features to the table as well, such as multiple channels of Direct Memory Access, several high-resolution ADCs, and even an I2S digital audio interface. There are also four separate interval timers plus a delay timer. All digital pins have interrupt capability and are 3.3V tolerant.
All of this functionality is jammed into a 62.3mm x 18.0mm board with all solder points on a 0.1″ grid so you can slap it on a breadboard and get to work. The Teensy 3.6 (as well as its sibling, the Teensy 3.5) is larger, faster and capable of more complex projects, especially with its onboard micro SD card port. An upgraded ARM Cortex MCU (180MHz from 72MHz), more memory (1M from 256K), as well as more RAM, EEPROM and accessible pins make up the key new features of this “teensy” board. The Teensy 3.6 is slightly scaled up from the Teensy 3.5 but is offered at a higher price point, comparatively.
- 180 MHz ARM Cortex-M4 with Floating Point Unit
- 1M Flash, 256K RAM, 4K EEPROM
- Microcontroller Chip MK66FX1M0VMD18
- USB High Speed (480Mbit/sec) Port
- 2 CAN Bus Ports
- 32 General Purpose DMA Channels
- 22 PWM Outputs
- 4 I2C Ports
- 11 Touch-Sensing Inputs
- 62 I/O Pins (42 breadboards friendly)
- 25 Analog Inputs to 2 ADC with 13-bit resolution
- 2 Analog Outputs (DAC) with 12-bit resolution
- USB Full Speed (12Mbit/sec) Port
- Ethernet mac, capable of full 100Mbit/sec speed
- Native (4-bit SDIO) micro SD card port
- I2S Audio Port, 4-Channel Digital Audio Input & Output
- 14 Hardware Timers
- Cryptographic Acceleration Unit
- Random Number Generator
- CRC Computation Unit
- 6 Serial Ports (2 with FIFO and Fast Baud Rates)
- 3 SPI Ports (1 with FIFO)
- Real-Time Clock
- 62.3mm x 18.0mm x 4.2mm (2.5in x 0.7in x 0.2in)
1 x Teensy 3.6 Development Board
1 x Pinout Drawing Card
There are no reviews yet.