For precision temperature sensing, nothing beats a PT1000-S Waterproof 1m 30mm Stainless Steel Pole Probe Temperature Sensor. Resistance temperature detectors (RTDs) are temperature sensors that contain a resistor that changes resistance value as its temperature changes, basically a kind of thermistor.
In this sensor, the resistor is actually a small strip of Platinum with a resistance of 1000 ohms at 0°C, thus the name PT1000. Compared to most NTC/PTC thermistors, the PT type of RTD is much most stable and precise (but also more expensive). PT1000’s is useful to measure temperature in laboratory and industrial processes; and have developed a reputation for accuracy (better than thermocouples), repeatability, and stability.
This high-temperature PT1000 sensor is equipped with a 316L stainless steel shield (try saying that five times fast!) that is good for up to 550°C.
How does the sensor work?
- As the temperature in your application changes then the electrical resistance will also change. An increase in temperature will increase the resistance of the temperature sensor.
- The measurement is completed by your instrument by applying a small measurement voltage and utilizing a bridge type circuit.
- Based on resistance measurement principles.
- Resistor material is Platinum with a value of 1000 ohm at temperature 0°C.
- Platinum has a positive resistance-temperature factor; resistance increases with rising temperature.
- Resistance variation is a function of temperature: 3.85Ω/°C nominal.
- High accuracy and stability compared to thermocouples, silicon-based temperature sensors, or thermistors.
Package Includes :
1 x PT1000-S Waterproof 1m 30mm Stainless Steel Pole Probe Temperature Sensor.
There are no reviews yet.