This is Cytron 2Amp Motor Driver Shield newly revised dual channel 2A motor shield. It uses L298P chip which allows control of two 5 – 26V DC brush motors with a maximum of 2A current each channel. This shield can be directly stacked onto standard Arduino UNO, Duemilanove, Leonardo, Mega and also CIKU (PIC18F4550).
We have added a few special features onto this shield. Motor power polarity protection, also fast test or manual control buttons for each channel of the motor. Adding LSS05 (Auto-calibration line sensor) to Arduino will be easy as this shield comes with the socket for it.
The speed control is achieved through conventional PWM which can be obtained from Arduino‘s PWM output pin 5 and 6. The enable/disable of motor driver is controlled by Arduino pin 4 and 7, this is labeled as Signed magnitude control. You have the option to configure it to become Locked Anti-phase which uses PWM signal to decide direction, speed and also start/stop of the motor. The control modes can be configured from jumpers and also program.
The Motor shield can be powered directly from Arduino or from the external power source (jumper to select). It is strongly encouraged to use the external power supply to power the motor shield.
This module is compatible with following Arduino versions, click on their name below to buy them
- Logic control, 5V from Arduino main board
- Polarity protection for External motor power input
- 2 fast test buttons for each motor channel
- 2 indicator LEDs for each channel
- bi-directional control of two DC brush motor
- Motor Driven Voltage：6.5 to 12VDC(VIN Power Supply), 5.0 to 26VDC (External Power Source)
- Up to 2A current each channel
- Pin 4, 5,6,7 are used to drive two DC motor
- Support PWM speed control
- Support advance speed control
- Socket for LSS05 – Auto-Calibrating Line Sensor, doing line following robot will be easy
Package Includes :
1 x Cytron 2Amp Motor Driver Shield